Paying Online: Information
When you complete the tour booking form or make a goods order in our online shop, you will be taken to a Checkout page where you will be asked to supply personal information to complete your order. Please note that the Checkout page for tour bookings is separate from the Checkout page for the online shop; you cannot pay for goods and a tour in the same transaction.
Our Checkout pages protect your personal information with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security. You can see that this is enabled by looking in the address bar of your web browser: SSL-protected addresses begin with https:// instead of http:// and usually your browser will display a padlock icon somewhere on-screen to confirm that SSL is enabled. This means that all data you enter into the Checkout forms are sent across the Internet in encrypted form, and cannot be read by anybody else. This security is maintained throughout the payment process.
Tour Booking Checkout: On this page you will be asked to provide:
- Email address: your confirmation emails and (where necessary) any further correspondence required to finalise your booking will be sent to this address.
- Contact Phone number: This will be used to contact you around the time of the tour, in the event of any unexpected changes to the tour details or other emergency. It may also be used if you have not responded to email correspondence requiring a reply within 24 hours (see below). If possible, please provide a mobile phone number, including international dialling prefix if a non-UK number.
- Billing Address: Please fill in these fields exactly as they appear on your bank or credit-card statement. These details will be transmitted to our Payment Solution Provider in the final stage of the transaction.
- Shipping Address: No longer applicable as we do not post tickets.
- Additional Information: You can add a message here advising of any special information you need or want to include with your booking. For example, if you want to provide additional contact details (such as the name of your hotel), you can enter them here. Another use might be to name any member of your party having a birthday or special occasion, as our guides will try to include a mention of this (and maybe some "special treatment") in the tour.
Online Shop Checkout: On this page you will be asked to provide an email address, phone number and Billing Address. There is also a field for Additional Information, however please note that special shipping instructions such as time of delivery cannot be placed.
Both Checkout pages will alert you if you have missed any required information, and you will be returned to the Checkout where you can complete the required details.
Checkout Stage 2: After you have submitted all the required details to the Checkout, you will be taken to a Confirmation page where you can check the details are correct, and return to the Checkout page if you need to change anything. Once you are satisfied that all the details are correct, press the "Proceed" button and you will be taken to our Payment Solution Provider's website where you may enter your payment details.
Entering Payment Details with our Payment Solution Provider: You will be taken to a secure website where you will be able to enter your credit/debit card details. As with our own Checkout pages, SSL security is provided to ensure that the data you enter are kept private.
Help is provided throughout the payment process to help you complete your payment. Once you have entered your payment details, you will be returned to our website, showing either a summary of your order if your payment was successful, or a failure notice if unsuccessful.
Please note: We only accept payments where the data you enter have been successfully verified with your bank or card-issuer. Therefore please ensure that you enter all data accurately, including the billing address (which should be exactly as written on correspondence from your bank/card issuer).
We are aware of some cases of apparently genuine credit/debit cards being declined by our Payment Solution Provider. We understand this is due to limitations of the current verification system, known as AVS/CV2 checking. If your payment is declined even though you are certain you entered the correct data, please notify your bank or card-issuer that your card is failing AVS/CV2 checks. Although we will not be able to accept your payment through the website, please contact us to discuss alternative methods of payment.
MasterCard, Maestro and Visa cardholders please note: From the 1st of July 2007, payments using these cards may use the 3D Secure enhanced authentication system for online buying (also known as MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa). This system allows cardholders to choose a password, which they use as an extra form of authentication when buying online. Currently, not all MasterCard and Visa issuers have launched this system yet, but from 1st July 2007 it is compulsory for all Maestro cardholders. If your card issuer has implemented 3D Secure, you will be expected to enroll in the scheme by choosing a password; if you have enrolled already, you will be required to use your password when buying from us.
The 3D Secure authentication window currently appears as a pop-up window which opens automatically. Therefore you should disable any popup-blocker in your web browser before completing the checkout on our site, to ensure the window appears. If you have any problems using this new system or are unsure what to do, please contact us and we will be happy to give advice.
After successfully making payment you will receive two emails, one from our Payment Solution Provider confirming your successful payment, and one from us confirming the details of your purchase or booking request. In the case of booking requests, there will be a third email from us either confirming your booking or giving you an alternative offer (see below).
When you book a tour on this website, we will check availability and do one of the following:
- If we have vacancies at the date and time you chose, we will debit your card for the cost of the tour and send you confirmation of your booking by email.
- If we cannot match your selection exactly, we will send you an offer of the closest available tour. If you accept this offer, we will then debit your card and send confirmation by email. Although your card is not debited until you have accepted, the funds will be reserved (meaning that you will not be able to spend the amount to be charged) until you either accept or withdraw the booking.
If you receive a booking offer, it is important to respond as quickly as possible. If you have not replied within 24 hours, we will attempt to contact you by telephone. If we are still unable to contact you after 72 hours, your booking will not be completed and the funds reserved on your card will be freed. We will notify you of this cancellation by email, and you will be free to make another booking.
Note: From October 2009, we no longer send paper tickets by post. Instead, when your booking has been finalised we will send you a confirmation by email. This email will include a 5-digit ticket reference number, which you should take a note of, as it may be required to identify you at the start of the tour. (You don't need to print the whole email though - please think of the trees!)
VAT: Value Added Tax at the standard rate is included in the cost of tour bookings. If you require a receipt that includes the VAT breakdown, please request this in the "Additional Information" section of the Checkout page, and we will attach a receipt in PDF format to your confirmation email.
Cancellations: You may cancel a booking up to 7 days before the date of the tour and receive a full refund. No refund will be given within 7 days of the tour. If possible, we will attempt to re-schedule your booking to a more suitable time or date; any such re-scheduling will be undertaken entirely at the discretion of The Cadies & Witchery Tours, and subject to availability.
Admission policy: The Cadies & Witchery Tours reserve the right of our staff to refuse admission to any guest who is:
- drunk (or otherwise intoxicated) to the point of incapacity;
- verbally or physically abusive to tour staff or other guests;
- under 16 years of age and unaccompanied by an adult;
- persistently disruptive of the guide and/or other guests' enjoyment of the tour by any activity (e.g. talking loudly over the guide).
The guide may also eject from the tour any guest who breaches these conditions while the tour is in progress. In either case, no refund will be given.
Online Shop: Terms of Sale
Cancellation of purchase: If you wish to cancel your purchase, you should contact us immediately, as we will dispatch orders as quickly as possible after receiving them (see below). If your goods have not yet been dispatched, we will cancel your order and give a full refund without dispute. If we have already dispatched your order, no refund will be given.
Dispatch of goods: We aim to dispatch all bought items within 36 hours of purchase. If, for any reason, we are unable to dispatch your purchase within 36 hours, we will contact you immediately providing full details of the reason for and extent of the delay. If the delay is unacceptable, we will cancel your order and refund your payment without dispute.
All goods are sent using Royal Mail First or Second Class (for UK customers) or International Air Mail (for overseas). You should therefore expect to receive your goods within 72 hours (UK) or 14 days (overseas - note this is a maximum figure and most destinations will be reached in a much shorter period). If you have not received your goods within this period, please contact us and we will undertake to locate (or if necessary, re-send) your goods. In such circumstances, we will offer a full refund if the resulting delay in receiving your goods is unacceptable.
Returns Policy: You may return bought items and receive a full refund in the following circumstances:
- The goods are damaged upon arrival
- The goods received are different from the item purchased, based on the description provided on this website and (where applicable) the individual description given in your confirmation email
- The goods arrived later than the maximum period (stated above) applicable to your shipping address.
Any return request should be made immediately on receipt of the goods. Return requests made more than 7 days after receipt of goods will not be considered.
Upon receipt of your return request we will evaluate your claim and respond within 24 hours. In some cases we may require further information to validate your claim; e.g. in cases of damage we may request photographic evidence showing the damage to the item(s) and/or packaging. We undertake to complete the validation of your claim as quickly as possible; each response by us will be made in under 24 hours (normally less).
The Cadies & Witchery Tours reserve the right to decline any return request that we feel does not satisfy any of the criteria above. If you wish to further dispute a declined return request, we will refer you to the appropriate mediation authority under United Kingdom consumer protection laws. In any such dispute we undertake to cooperate fully with the mediation process.
Upon validation of a return request, the goods must be returned to The Cadies & Witchery Tours at the address below within the maximum period applicable to your shipping address (as above) from the date of validation.
The Cadies & Witchery Tours is a Partnership trading in the United Kingdom. Our contact details for all customer service enquiries, complaints, disputes and other correspondence are:
The Cadies & Witchery Tours
84 West Bow
Tel: 00 44 131 225 6745
Fax: 00 44 131 220 2086
VAT registration number: 553 3371 51